Really delicious, simple and easy to make fruit sponge cake..
For those who wants to try it at home, here's the recipe:
Ingredients: 3 eggs (seperated)
1/2 cup of self raising flour
1/2 cup of sugar
a teaspoon of vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius. In a bowl, beat the egg whites till it is stiff
2) Beat in sugar until fully mixed or stiff
3) Add the vanilla essence into egg yolk and then beat it into the egg white mixture
4) Sift the flour and salt, then add slowly into the mixture while folding it gently
5) Pour into tin and bake for 15 minutes
6) To know if the cake is ready, poke it using a chopstick. It's ready if the chopstick comes out clean
7) Leave the cake to cool on rack and IT IS READY... That simple...
The recipe above is for a basic sponge cake and you can add other things on it to make it nicer. For my cake, I seperated the mixture into 2 and bake it seperately so I'll have 2 layers of cake. I then put some cream with peaches, pears and pineapples between those layers and on top of the cake. So now it's a fruity sponge cake!! It's easy to make and just took me around 1 hour! Try it, you'll love it!